Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

50 Promises For Marriage

I cannot remember where I got this originally but I'm sure it came from the yahoogroup - WeddingsAtWork - that I used to be a member of when Tibs and I were still preparing for our wedding four years ago. That group was a tremendous help to me when I was planning our wedding. I gained friends and more from that group. But I will talk about that on a separate post.

Meanwhile, going back to the list. I had it printed and posted at the most conspicuous corner of my office cubicle so I always get a good glimpse of it. It serves as a guide and reminder to me. And to Tibs as well. We don't get to follow all of it but somehow it helps us especially when we're getting into each other's nerves already. I'm sharing it again here thinking it could/might benefit other married couples too.



50 Promises for Marriage
By Dr. Steve Stephens
  1. Start each day with a kiss.
  2. Wear your wedding ring at all times.
  3. Date once a week.
  4. Accept differences.
  5. Be polite.
  6. Be gentle.
  7. Give gifts.
  8. Smile often.
  9. Touch.
  10. Talk about dreams.
  11. Select a song that can be "our song".
  12. Give back rubs.
  13. Laugh together.
  14. Send a card for no reason.
  15. Do what the other person wants before he or she asks.
  16. Listen.
  17. Encourage.
  18. Do it his or her way.
  19. Know his or her needs.
  20. Fix the other person's breakfast.
  21. Compliment twice a day.
  22. Call during the day.
  23. Slow down.
  24. Hold hands.
  25. Cuddle.
  26. Ask for each other's opinion.
  27. Show respect.
  28. Welcome the other person home.
  29. Look your best.
  30. Wink at each other.
  31. Celebrate birthdays in a big way.
  32. Apologize.
  33. Forgive.
  34. Set up a romantic getaway.
  35. Ask, "What can I do to make you happier?"
  36. Be positive.
  37. Be kind.
  38. Be vulnerable.
  39. Respond quickly to the other person's request.
  40. Talk about your love.
  41. Reminisce about your favorite times together.
  42. Treat each other's friends and relatives with courtesy.
  43. Send flowers every Valentine's day and anniversary.
  44. Admit when wrong.
  45. Be sensitive to each other's sexual desires.
  46. Pray for each other daily.
  47. Watch sunsets together.
  48. Say, "I love you" frequently.
  49. End the day with a hug.
  50. Seek outside help when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...