Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Recipe: Chicken and Corn Chowder

Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins

I'm a sabaw lover. The literal hot sabaw, I mean. And I especially love a hot sabaw on rainy days. But today, despite the almost unbearable heat, I decided to make some chowder for lunch since the little girl's been asking for soup and I had promised to make some for breakfast earlier. My recipe turned out to be a little watery but my family still relished it down to the last drop. They probably missed my cooking so much that even a fried egg cooked by me would have tasted like m and m's to them (my analogy was a little off but m and m's came to mind when I thought about melt in the mouth. and please allow me to exaggerate because they were really very vocal about wanting me to cook for them again).

So anyway, it has gotten colder since rain started pouring a few minutes ago. I hope it stays that way through the entire night. I'm off to put the little girl to sleep in a few but before I log off for the night, let me just share with you the recipe for this award-winning soup per my husband (yes, he is my biggest fan next to Maia). 


What I used:

200 grams flaked, pre-boiled chicken meat
1 cup potatoes, diced
1 cup cream style corn
1 small white onion, chopped finely
1 knob butter + approx 2-3 tsps flour to make the roux
2 cups chicken broth (saved from the boiled chicken)
1/4 cup evaporated filled milk
olive oil
chopped spring onions/parsley for garnish
salt and pepper to taste

How I did it:

1. On a separate pan, saute white onion on olive oil and add in the diced potatoes and the flaked chicken.
2. On another pan and over low fire, melt butter and add in flour. Stir till they're combined thoroughly. 
3. Add in the broth and the sauteed chicken flakes.
4. Stir and add the cream style corn. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add milk, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes or till desired soup consistency is achieved.
6. Serve hot with pan de sal (or in a soup bowl). Enjoy!!!

This recipe serves about 3-4 hungry stomachs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...