Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recipe: Hearty Sausage and Tomato Macaroni Soup

Tibs loves this soup very much! 
I first made this soup using shell-shaped pasta (it looks better for this recipe) but today I only had macaroni in our pantry so I used that instead. This is one of my hubby's favorites well mainly because it has sausage which is one of his favorite comfort foods. Well, next to fried chicken of course (men will always be men - hehe).

This is another perfect wake upper to a rainy morning. I wish I had my homemade marinara sauce in stock when I made this soup this morning because it would have just been perfect. But tomatoes are quite expensive these days so I wasn't able to stock up on the sauce. Anyways, I'll just post an 'upgraded' version when I re-do this recipe using my marinara sauce. Moving on to the recipe.

You will need:

200g cooked macaroni
2 pieces sausage, chopped into bite size pieces (I used hungarian for this recipe)
1/2 of a medium sized white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 cups chicken stock (I used pasta water in lieu of the stock)
fresh italian oregano + basil, chopped coarsely (i used about a stem of italian oregano and about 6 pcs of basil leaves)
2 tsps tomato paste
1/2 cup tomato sauce
salt + pepper to taste

What I did:

1. Saute onion and garlic till translucent.
2. Add in the sausage and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the tomato paste. Pour half of the water/stock to dilute. 
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10mins.
5. Add in the cooked pasta and tomato sauce. 
6. Season according to taste and simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Take out from the heat and garnish with fresh herbs. 
8. Serve with a SMILE.

This recipe can feed 4-6 hungry stomachs. This will go best with some toasted garlic bread, too!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...