Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Recipe: Crab Aligue Pasta with Lemon and Fresh Basil



On her last visit, my mother-in-law brought us a bottle of Taba ng Talangka. I've long wanted to try making Aligue pasta so it was just perfect timing. Two weeks ago, I was inspired to finally try the recipe but I was already done with our weekly grocery so I made use of whatever was in our pantry and fridge at that time. Most of the recipes I came across in the internet made use of other seafood (tuna, clams, mussels). I was able to whip this recipe in less than 30 mins (prep time including). It turned out to be amazingly easy.

For my version, I used the following ingredients:
  • 200g spaghetti (cooked al dente. don't throw away the pasta water, by the way)
  • about 4-5 tbsps of Crab Paste/Taba ng Talangka (we used Navarro's); some recipes I came across also made use of almost a bottle but I was just too scared of the cholesterol
  • 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped (I would have used more but that was all we had)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Fresh shrimp (we only have about 8pcs on hand), shelled and deveined (I chopped it so everybody will have a taste of it hehehehe)
  • 1/2 large white onion, chopped
  • juice of half lemon
  • a handful of Fresh Basil, torn in half 
  • 1/2 cup pasta water
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • Parmesan cheese (since I omitted salt on this recipe)
My version: Aligue Pasta. 
How I did it:

1. Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes in olive oil till translucent.
2. Add crab paste. Saute for about 5 minutes (well I'm just OC on this but I'm sure there's really no need to saute since the crab paste is already cooked anyways).
3. Add the pasta water and simmer for 2-5 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and wait till pinkish.
5. Toss over cooked pasta.
6. Add fresh basil and squeeze in the lemon.
7. Top with parmesan cheese and you're good to go!

This is good for 4 hungry stomachs (and I was even able to bring in an extra serving for my co-workers to taste). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...