Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goodbye Summer 2011

It has been raining on and off for a full week now. I know the local weather bureau announced that the rainy season's finally started but it was only yesterday that it finally dawned on me. Summer is over.

When I was younger, I looked forward to summer because it meant a respite from schoolwork, albeit a brief one. Then college came, it meant I can finally bond with my sisters or enjoy an idyllic moment under a tree in our backyard with a good book in hand.

For sometime though after leaving college and moving on to become a 'responsible' citizen, I temporarily forgot how wonderful that time of the year was. I was thrown into a battery of paperwork and deadlines. Vacations were scheduled and they never fell on summer. So I forgot. How wonderful it was.

Fast forward to today. I am starting to relive that wonderful period in my life again. The last 2 summers saw us coming home to my amazing hometown to enjoy the beach. Those vacations left such wonderful memories on our little girl that she would rave of them for days...sometimes even stretching to weeks.

So anyway, till then Summer! And as our morning prayers would start these days: Thank you God for the rain for the plants surely welcome them! :))

Sharing some photos from those last two summers we spent with Maia. I keep going back to these photo sets because they always make me feel happy!
Apr 2010. Maia enjoying a walk at a beach resort in Guimaras (and hating Mommy for playing paparazzi the entire time)
Apr 2010. Maia and Daddy having so much fun playing with the waves

Apr 2011. Lovely silhouette of Maia, me and my dad 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...