Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Friday, December 30, 2011

Recipe/My-Take: Cheesy Garlic Dip

At a recent salo-salo at the office, a colleague prepared this really good taco cheese sauce. It was a hit that everyone asked for her recipe. Last Christmas I tried making my version. I just tweaked her recipe to incorporate the things we like (re: herbs + lots of garlic).

Just the right consistency. Not too runny. Not too thick
My version made use of:

  • 1 cup of filled evaporated milk (I used Angel for this one)
  • about a cup of cubed cheese (I used Cheezee)
  • about 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • chopped parsley
  • fresh tarragon
  • freshly cracked pepper (we only have black but white would be better)

How I did it:

1. Heat milk in low fire.
2. Add in the garlic and cheese.
3. Whisk till cheese has fully melted.
4. Add in the herbs and black pepper (if needed).
5. Enjoy!!!!

This recipe yielded about a cup and a half of cheese dip/sauce. My little girl enjoyed it so much she won't eat her taco if it's not overflowing with cheese. Here's a photo of the soft taco we assembled last Christmas. We just used the ready mixed seasoning from McCormick when we cooked the beef and chopped a variety of veggies that we like - tomatoes, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, bell peppers.

store bought tortilla bursting at the seams when rolled
i sneaked in some carrots when we cooked the beef filling. sneaky mommy! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...