Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hello July!

I planned to clean up my drafts folder this week. But a sick little miss didn't give me the excuse to do that this weekend. So those post will have to sit there for quite awhile again. No issue there really. I know where my priority lies.

Yesterday the little miss went to my office to get her annual flu shot. She never had any side effects on the flu shots she got in the past 3 years so I had a lot of things planned for us this weekend. I never expected the side effects will show up this time around. But unfortunately for me and Maia, they did. At first I felt like someone was out to ruin my pre-birthday weekend, but I was quick to realize that it's a reality that I have to learn to accept. Without question. Life's little humps and bumps are just of the inevitable nature. And I will just have to DEAL with it. And with that, I shall end that negativity here.

Moving on, despite all my planning efforts going to waste, it still turned out to be great weekend after all. I have been wishing for more and more lazy weekends at home and that's exactly what I ended up with. I was in a win-win situation after all. And even in Maia's feverish state, she made sure we had our day-long supply of laughable quotes for entertainment. 

In the end, it's always the simple joys that matter. Little pockets of happiness that create lasting impressions on our memory.

Sharing you some photos of how we spent the first day of July:

started the day with a breakfast of yummy chicken arroz caldo c/o the hubby
made some review materials for maia's math quiz this coming tuesday
After a long siesta, we went out to the garden to check our plants and take some weeds out. 

my dad thought this tamarind tree was already dying after it got submerged in water for weeks.
but thanks to tibs' green thumb, it was 'revived' back to life. it has even started to flower!
it's nice to see these tiny pepper seedlings sprouting too. we've been waiting for them to come out for a week now.
and these by the way weren't store bought. they just came from a rotting red bell pepper that ate inday decided to put on this pot instead of throwing away :)
After saying hi to our plants, Maia also did a story telling session with a caterpillar that we found on our Calamansi tree/shrub. We capped the day with an actual bedtime story session that lead to an early bedtime for me and Tibs too. Our weekend turned out to be one restful one instead of the originally planned busy one but I'll take that over anything fancy anytime, everytime!

How did YOU welcome July?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...