Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Running Playlist (Aug-Oct 2011)

For the past 2 years I have desperately sweated my post pregnancy flab out by running around our village. They never went away mind you. But what started as an obsession to lose the flab has now become sort of a passion for me. I say passion because running now brings me a different high. It's now something that I look forward to doing after work.

I used to be able to run for just 20mins max. But for the last few months, I've started increasing my weekly goals by 10-20%. This running thing has also started me to challenge myself to do better each time. Lately I've been doing 35 mins already (yey!). And what helps me going these days is my running playlist. During my daily commute, I listen to this already so I'm all pumped up when I get home. Trick always work. At the risk of sounding overboard, there are days when I just feel like I want to run my way to work instead just by listening to this playlist. :)

Starting Easy (usually 5-6 minute slow, this serves as my warm up as well)
All in All - Lifehouse
Small Wonders - Dog's Eye View
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
You and Me Song - The Wannadies

Steady Run (Usually a two-three miler if I'm gunning for a 30min run, I don't get to finish all these most of the time but my goal is to run past 12 songs these days)
A Life Less Ordinary - Ash
Hush - Kula Shaker
Perfect Day - Collective Soul
Aurora - Foo Fighters
Uncharted - Sara Bareilles
Designer Skyline - Owl City
Energy - Collective Soul
Fidelity - Regina Spektor
Fireflies - Owl City
Flat Top - Goo Goo Dolls
Halfway Gone - Lifehouse
Just Say Yes - Snow Patrol
Turn My Head - Live
Science and Faith - The Script
Reach - Collective Soul
Wrecking Ball - Lifehouse
Vanilla Twilight - Owl City
Ripcord - Radiohead
Signal Fire - Snow Patrol

Winding Down (5 minute slow run)
Fix You - Coldplay
Hold My Heart - Sara Bareilles
Marry Me - Train

Yes as you can see they're limited to just a couple of music artists which are not exactly big favorites but I don't know this playlist just stuck with me. Usually when I feel like I can't go any further I just tell myself to just  finish the song and yet I always end up adding another song and another till my legs give up. I might probably get tired of this list by the end of October but I'm hoping by that time, I can already run for an hour straight (I'm aiming for at least 1 long run of 10km every week).

Do you run with music too? Care to share your playlist with me?

The Road I Always Travel errrr...Run On

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...