Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Recipe: Egg Sandwich Spread


What's your go-to recipe when you need to instantly whip out a meal for your family?

Mine will always be my super fast and super easy Sardines Pasta. But some days, especially on weekends where we eat breakfast late (usually around brunch already) and decide to skip lunch, sandwiches are my easy go to snacks. Even if I like (or rather love) to keep stock of different kinds of spreads in our pantry, I always try to inject a little bit of homemade touch on the meals that I serve to my family during weekends (even of lazy ones).

This recipe is one of the most loved homemade spread in our household. It's very easy to make. And my 4 year old always love to help make this. On a recent playdate, we made a tub of this for our little potluck picnic. Our small sandwich container was wiped out clean so I am taking that as a compliment. We have a winning spread here. :)

Anyways, since it's school season, I'm thinking maybe you'd wanna try making this for your kids baon.

What you will need:

5 pieces large eggs, hardboiled and chopped finely
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 sprig of parsley, finely chopped
2 packs of light mayo
1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp condensed milk
salt and pepper to taste

How to do it.

1. Dump all ingredients unto a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Toast your favorite flat bread and spread away.

In the photo, I'm using a multigrain loaf bread. I think it's a good match to this spread.

This recipe by the way, yields about a pint of egg sandwich spread. It usually keeps for about a week in our fridge.But I guess, since the ingredients are very attractive to Salmonella, best to consume it within 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...