Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Scenes From Japan: The Artist At Ueno Park

If I get another chance to come back to Ueno Park, I will definitely get at least a piece of this man's art to bring home with me. 

I almost did you know and regret that I didn't listen to that tiny voice that was telltng me, there might not be a next time anymore. But the pinoy in me (who likes to attach a peso value to every purchase I make abroad) won over and walked away. 

The first time I saw him he was offering this --



Came back a month after, and he was there again selling watercolored art. For 2000 Yen a piece (about the size of an A4 bond paper):


On the two separate occasions that I've passed by Ueno Park, he was there so I'm assuming he's a regular sight there already. He's stationed at the foot of the stairs beside the entrance to the Skyliner station. Right beside this sign:



I will try to come back, Mr. Artist. One day. Some day. I will come back and buy a piece or two from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...