Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Friday, March 1, 2013

Making Lists

No, I'm not too eager for Christmas. (although, it's definitely one of my most awaited time of the year now)

I didn't list down any resolution/s for this year. Well, I never ever made lists in the past either. I once believed that I had the sharpest memory and I can easily recall the things that I would want to change or improve on during the year. But yes, my sharp memory would almost always fail me before the first quarter of the year ends and I will end of up forgetting whatever it was that I resolved to improve in the beginning of the year. 

Last year, through the help of this blog, I was partly able to document my improvements. I didn't make a list but I kept track of how my BETTER ME project was doing for like two quarters. On the second half of the year, I started training for my first marathon and that BETTER ME project just fell through the cracks. I would like to think though that somehow I did end 2012 with a BETTER version of my 2011 self. 

This year, my primary goal is to declutter and find my focus. And I thought that best way to do that was to finally start a list. I started my list yesterday on the first day of March. I was two months behind but I'm just glad I picked up a pen and finally made my first list. 

My week as a working mom is only broken in two - the workweek and the weekend. During the workweek (transalated into: MONDAYS TO FRIDAYS), most of my time is spent on my job. I put on the career woman hat. And during the weekends, that's when I shift into being the domestic diva that I once dreamed I would be. It's just two days but I always want to make the most of it. So my list for this year is going to zero in on that. I am breaking down that list into:
  • Saturdays with Maia (list down one or two activities/projects for the weekend)
  • House Project (list down one home project that I'd like to accomplish every weekend)
  • Recipe - list a new recipe as I plan to cook something new every weekend for the family
  • Sundays Catch up with Family and Friends (list down a place to visit - be it a restaurant, a shop, a family spot like a picnic ground or a playground or a zoo)
  • Blog night - list down one or two topics that I would want to write about (even those sitting in my drafts so I can finally bring that down to a minimum of 10. Currently I have more than 50 posts in my drafts folder waiting to be completed)

My biggest weakness is always Ningas-kugon (sorry I don't know the English term for this). I'm fervently hoping I can finally break that habit and keep this list going the whole year round. Wish me luck okay?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...