Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Recipe: How To Make Buco Salad Ice Candy


What you need:

1 cup of cooked sago (I used small pearls)
1 cup of evaporated filled milk
1/2 cup of condensed milk
1 1/2 cup of shredded fresh (and young) buco (coconut) meat
1 cup water
1/2 cup buco water
20-25 pcs of 1.5 x 10 plastic ice candy wrappers

How to do it:

1. Mix the evap and condensed milk together. I do this first to make sure the sweetness of the condensed milk is evenly distributed.
2. Add the milk mixture unto the buco water and the plain water.
3. Stir till milk is thoroughly incorporated with the water (I used a whisk to do this)
4. Add the the sago and the shredded coconut.


5. Funnel unto the plastic wrappers, knot and freeze.


Yields about 20-25 pcs of 5 inch ice candy sticks. Ours is still freezing so I have yet to tell you how it taste but my little girl drank about 1 cup of the mixture this morning and she loved it already so I think once frozen it should taste way better. I wanted to use pure buco water for this recipe but I needed the buco water that I had for a different project so I had to substitute with plain distilled water. You might want to try that on your version though (just a suggestion).


This summer has not been as hot as I'd expected it to be but still ice candies are always the perfect accompaniment to afternoon meryendas - so hot or not - enjoy! :))

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...