Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Recipe: Kalabasa and Spinach Soup

My aunt shared this recipe to me a few weeks ago and I was dying to try it but couldn't find cheap spinach then so when the prices went down last week I immediately grabbed a pack and set out to make my version of this soup.

Sad to say, the little girl didn't like it very well. I will have to figure out how to make it interesting but it was a hit among the adults. Maybe I can add cream or milk next time to add in some richness to the flavor.

Here's what I needed to make this soup:

1 piece (about 50g) breast fillet, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups kalabasa (squash)
1 cup spinach leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small white onion, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

How I did it:

1. Saute garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken breast and saute until it changes color.
3. Add in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the kalabasa (squash) cubes and simmer till tender. 5. Turn off the heat and add the spinach leaves.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste then set aside to cool while uncovered.
7. When soup has cooled down, pour unto blender and blend till desired texture is achieved. I wanted mine with still some bits of kalabasa on it.
8. Reheat once you're ready to serve.
9. Enjoy!

This is good for 3-4 servings. Best served during a cold, rainy day.

I wonder if what herb/spice I should add to perk up the taste of this soup. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...