Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Recipe: Newbie Baker's Double Chocolate Loaf Cake

I love dessert! In fact, I am proud to call myself a dessert monster.

But me and baking, no we don't get along well. It all started, this fear to bake, during my sophomore year in high school. We had a group baking project then at our home economics teacher's house and I can't remember exactly what I was designated to do then but I just ended up with burnt cookies. I thought then that me and the oven are never going to be good friends.

Baking is one of the skills I am dying to learn but am so scared to try. But just as the cliche goes: Face Your Fears. So that is exactly what I did.

Guess what? I faced my fears and defeated it!!!

Here are the ingredients (recipe adapted from allrecipes.com):

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsps baking powder
1 1/4 cup fine muscovado sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted at room temperature
2 eggs, whisked lightly
1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips or shavings
1 cup full cream milk

How I did it:

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Sift together all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder). Mix with sugar.
3. In a separate bowl mix melted butter, eggs and milk. Mix till thoroughly combined.
4. Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
5. Drop chocolate chips/shavings into the mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture slowly into small (I used 8x4), greased loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until toothpick test comes out clean.

ENJOY!!!! (I'm now so excited to try other cake/pastry recipes. I'm hoping to try using flax seeds and oatmeal next time. Care to share your recipes?)

Yields: 1 8 lb loaf cake (about 10 half inch slices)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...