Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013: In Retrospect - Career Defining Moment

I welcomed 2013 with a steady mindset. I didn't foresee anything exciting for the year but I looked forward to it with a fresh outlook. Just as how I've always viewed the new year as new beginnings.

But before the first quarter was over, I found my plate filled with totally unexpected new challenges. I was offered something that would eventually rock my world. Something that eventually forced me to put my mothering career aside and instead focus on my other love...that is mentoring. I couldn't complain. It came at the right timing. I had extra time in my hands anyways and the kid was not dependent on me anymore.

Suffice to say, it has been one heck of a rollercoaster ride since. For someone who totally abhors rollercoasters, this rollercoaster I'm riding has not stopped yet. And I don't think it's stopping anytime soon. Some days, it actually feels dizzying. But then again, I really couldn't complain. I am extremely blessed to be given this opportunity and the best way to show my gratitude I believe is for me to make good use of this blessing by providing the people I am mentoring the proper guidance and ensure we are all heading at the right direction.

My 2013 was also defined by travels. I planned for a lot of things mostly rooted to improving my home in 2013 but none of them were realized. Most of our weekends in 2013 were spent unpacking and then repacking our bags. But yes, I couldn't complain. Travels are great sources of learning and I am very grateful we had the chance to do that for our daughter.

Lots of lessons were learned in 2013 - career, relationships, roles. I learned the real meaning of priorities. I made the effort to be more prayerful and I discovered that prayers indeed work. YES. THEY. DO. and YES. THEY. WORK.

2013 was a huge year for me. And I am extremely grateful to everyone who made it the YEAR that it was for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...