Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

21K, Here I Come!

It's just 4 more days until I finally set foot on the Skyway to run my first half-marathon. It is going to be one thing off my bucket list and I'm glad I was able to do it on schedule.

Am I really ready to conquer the Skyway? Well, I did try to stick to my training plan. I wasn't able to make the 12 mile long run but I'm hoping the hardwork that Tibs and I had put in the last 3 months would still be enough to get me to the finish line (and I'm still aiming to finish at 2h 30mins). This is going to be Tibs' fourth 21k race but it's my first so he's going to pace with me and probably just run ahead to make a better PR once I'm past the 16k mark (which was the longest length that I've ever ran in a race).

Here's the route that I am going to run through on Sunday. It's about two-thirds of the entire length of the Skyway and I'm just soooooo excited! I'm already putting a wonderful playlist together of new and old favorites. I'm just so overwhelmed by the thought!

Grabbed from The Condura Skyway Marathon FB page
Wish me luck! I'm not really fond of race medals but in all honesty, I can't wait to get my hands on this thing because it will be a symbol of one of my greatest achievements!
Grabbed from The Condura Skyway Marathon FB page
If you're interested to join this race, troop over to the nearest registration center because they are still open till FRIDAY - Feb 3! Here are the race details (from Condura Skyway Marathon website)


Condura Skyway Marathon 2012February 5, 2012
Filinvest, Alabang 
EVENTS
3K, 5K, 10K, 16K, 21K, 42K
Gun Start Time
42K – 12:00 am
21K – 3:30 am
16K – 4:00 am
10K – 5:30 am
5K – 6:30 am
3K – 7:10 am
REGISTRATION FEES
42K – 1,300 Php
21K – 1,200 Php
16K – 1,100 Php
10K – 950 Php
5K – 750 Php
3K – 550 Php
All fees are inclusive of a finisher’s medal, dri fit shirt, and d-tag timing.
REGISTRATION DETAILS
Registration Deadline
  1. The Condura Skyway Marathon Registration Centers are open from 20 December 2011 up to 29 January 2012.
  2. ONLINE registration is open from 20 December 2011 up to 22 January 2012.  Race kits of online registrants will be picked-up at Riovana Bonifacio Global City from January 29 to February 04, 2012
Registration Centers
  1. Riovana BGC – 28th St. cor. 9th Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
    Mon-Thurs : 11am to 10pm
    Fri-Sun : 10am to 11pm
  2. Riovana Katipunan – Unit 305 Regis Center, 327 Katipunan Ave., Quezon City
    Mon-Sun : 10am to 8pm
  3. Condura Skyway Marathon Registration Center – 2L Main Entrance, Festival Supermall Alabang, Muntinlupa City
    Store hours : 10am to 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...